June 11, 2014

Guilt-Free Banana Bread Muffins

Any type of muffin, cupcake or pastry is my weakness. I seriously get weak in the knees. But,  I have had to limit that kind of stuff lately. The other day, I had a few ripe bananas staring at my face just asking to be put to use, so I put them to work! They gladly participated in my quest to make the classic banana bread a little healthier. I substituted out the butter for coconut oil, and made some other changes to make these guilt-free muffins!


Ingredients-

1 cup wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 medium egg
1 large ripe banana- mashed

What to do-

- Preheat oven to 350 degress
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix until all are incorporated, set aside
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until all is mixed together 
- Gradually add in the flour mixture- a little at a time,  until all is blended together
- Pour into muffin tins
-Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown


Makes 4 large muffins
Calories- 240 per muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS