June 9, 2014

Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken

This is one of my absolute most favorite dishes in the world to eat. I could eat it every day if it wasn't a heavy carb and calorie laden meal. Now I stick to once in a while. 
We make it once every few weeks when I really feel like going all out. I have two sauce versions I use for this. I either use jarred Alfredo sauce if running low on time, or make the sauce myself. I prefer the homemade sauce. The sauce doesn't take very long to make, and it's super healthy when compared with the restaurant, or jarred sauce versions.



Ingredients:

1/2 lb of fettucine noodles- boiled until al-dente
2 whole chicken breasts- Pan fried or grilled
1 teaspoon dried parsley


For the Sauce:

2 cups cauliflower florets- cut into small pieces
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon butter

Directions-

Boil the the cauliflower in the stock until tender about 15 minutes. Add in butter, and salt/pepper to taste. Puree in a blender until smooth. 
Mix in fettuccine noodles. Top with chicken breast, and sprinkle with dried parsley as desired. 

Serves: 2

2 comments:

Lou Lou Girls said...

This is my favorite! Yum! Pinned! Thanks for being a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS