August 19, 2014

Today I Cried Watching Frozen

Granted I'm in my third trimester, but really? Frozen?

It makes me laugh because the movie is not supposed to be sad or stressful by any means. It was within the first 5 minutes of the movie too.

Why couldn't Elsa come play with Anna?
 I imagined a little girl knocking on her sister's door. Feeling her sadness of being alone, and afraid, I began to cry. I wanted to scoop up little Anna, and go build a snowman with her. That's all she wanted to do... was just build a snowman. Is that so hard?

Elsa could have just used those gloves, and built a normal snowman sans magic. Ugh, poor Anna




I wanted to grieve with semi-teen Anna when her parents passed, and give her comfort when she needed somebody to go to.

"No one should have go through this!" I managed to choke out as my tears became more hysterical. Why is she alone? She needs support!"

I kid you not, this happened. I finally stopped crying when Anna met her fake prince charming. Silly right? I kind of felt embarrassed for myself afterward. It was just my 13 month old and I, but still I just couldn't understand what was getting me so worked up about this movie. Even my kid seemed alarmed, she stopped watching the movie and climbed up on the sofa to rest her head in my lap.

Lately, I've noticed this happening a lot. I cry at commercials, songs, movies, anything! I can't remember if I was this emotional with my last pregnancy. It's like I have no recollection of it. Weird, how I could forget. Some parts are still vivid, but most of the negative stuff.. morning sickness, pelvic pain, round ligament pain memory is all gone. It's like my brain just wants to associate everything good with my wittle bug. Maybe that's the magic that keeps baby fever going!

Anyway, I can chalk it up to hormones, I think. Maybe it's some sort of repressed psychological things from my childhood? or could be both!

Either way, I felt better afterwards. A sense of relief washed over me as I realized Princess Anna, and Else resolve their differences in the end. All is well in the world.



Above image from: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/364510163562749298/

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS