May 19, 2014

Black bean and Bell pepper Quesadilla

We've had a meatless Monday theme going on for a few weeks now. This is my way of incorporating those pesky vegetables ( per my husband) into our diets. These were a huge hit! So much so that I make them on a weekly basis.



Ingredients-

1/4 bell pepper diced
1/4 cup of corn 
1/2 cup of black beans
1 cup of shredded cheese ( I used Cheddar and Jack)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 10-inch tortillas (I used brown-rice tortillas)


Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl including the spices. Heat a large frying pan to medium-high. Spray the pan with cooking spray. Lay the tortilla into pan and arrange half of the mixture onto one half of the tortilla. Fold other end onto itself. You can do this on the stove, or before hand and place on the stove. I like to do it while on to avoid ingredient spillage. Just be careful! Cook until cheese has melted, flipping throughout. 

Note- This can be vegan by using dairy-free cheese

Serves:2- one quesadilla each
Calories- 389 per quesadilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS