May 8, 2014

Thai Red Curry

Thai curries are just delightfully delicious! Green, red, yellow, Panang, I love them all. The calories? those I do NOT love. This is a healthified version of my beloved red curry. Feel free to use any protein of choice.





Ingredients:

1 chicken breast- slit horizontally, and sliced
2 teaspoons red curry paste ( I used Mae Ploy )
1 tablespoon rice-bran oil
1 tablespoon  organic coconut sugar
1 cup light coconut milk ( I used Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup asparagus or eggplant ( I used eggplant)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves- whole with trimmed stems (Thai basil is preferred)
 Salt (per taste)

Directions:

Heat deep fry pan to medium high heat. Stir-fry the curry paste with rice-bran oil for a few seconds, until fragrant.  Add in the coconut milk, and stir until well-blended.  Now, add in chicken and let cook for about a minute. Add in water, vegetables, sugar, and salt. Let all the flavors meld together as it comes to a boil. Remove from flame. Serve over rice, or enjoy as soup!




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS