May 7, 2014

Creamy-Dreamy Vegetable Soup


Lately, I have been making this soup a lot, almost every week. It's so easy to make! I just play around with the ingredients to keep it fresh. I get bored easily. When I first started my diet, I got hungry between lunches, and dinners. I would go rummaging through my pantry, and munch on granola bars, crackers, or other goodies. However, that was counter-intuitive to my weight loss journey because I would still feel unsatisfied, and continue to eat. This fit the bill. It is the perfect snack for in-between meals, or even as meal when paired with a protein, or salad. 
This recipe makes a delicious bowl of rich, guilt-free soup, that warms you to the core.





Ingredients:

1/2 white onion chopped 
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups cut cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped celery 
1/2 cup peeled and chopped potatoes 
4 cups water or broth
Salt and pepper taste 

Directions:

In a large sized pan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat. Saute the onions on medium heat until clear about 3-4 minutes. Now, add chopped potatoes, cauliflower. and celery. Let those cook for a few minutes. When the vegetables have wilted a little bit, pour in the water or broth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let the soup come to a boil. Cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Use an immersion blender, or let cool, and use a blender until smooth. 


Enjoy!


Serves 4 - 1 cup each
Calories: 153 per serving







No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS